Personal Vault is a great feature to provide a great security to all your files in the cloud. Designed by the innovation leader in Cloud Storage, Microsoft has designed it as a protected area in OneDrive that needs a strong authentication method to be accessed by someone.
You can understand it as an added layer of protection to all your important photos, videos, and other kinds of files. No one can now gain access to your device because Personal requires identity verification too such as your face identification, fingerprint, or PIN sent to you VIA SMS or email.
Personal Vault Features
Personal Vault provides a couple of added security features, too, such as:
- Automatic locking – If there is no activity for a short time, personal vault senses it and automatically locks your opened files.
- Restricted Sharing – There are no chances of accidental sharing because the photographs that are there in personal vault are not meant for sharing.
- BitLocker encryption – OneDrive will enable your personal vault files to automatically sync to bitlocker-encrypted area of your hard drive.
- Scan and Shoot – You can scan your documents and shoot all your memorable photos in your personal vault where they remain protected than ever.
How to Set Up Personal Vault?
In order to set up personal vault, go through the following steps:
- Browse your OneDrive and select the Personal Vault folder.
- Select Next.
- You now need to verify your account information and then select verify.
- Now you can verify and set up personal vault.
Uploading files to Personal Vault
You can maximum upload or add three files in your personal vault; once you have its subscription, while using office 365, you can add as many files to it as you want. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Go to your OneDrive, select the personal vault folder.
- You would require to sign in with your selected identity verification method.
- Click on upload.
- Select the files you want, and click open to select it.
Disable your Personal Vault
In case, you want to disable your personal vault, you need to first permanently delete the files that are there in it and then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your OneDrive and select Settings.
- Go to options and select personal vault from left navigation.
- Now press disable personal vault to continue the process.
- It may ask you if you are sure to continue, press yes. This is because on disabling the personal vault, all your files in it would automatically get deleted which you would not be able to restore later.
- Your OneDrive Personal Vault will be disabled.