Microsoft Excel is one of the commonly used Office applications. This application is a must-have for working professionals as it includes spreadsheets on which they can manage a huge database. Business users usually purchase an Office subscription so that they can use and work upon Excel. Other applications are their secondary priorities. But what happens if suddenly there arises some problems while you are using the Office applications.
The sudden errors or issues can become the cause of major losses to your business because these hamper the working operations in your office. This situation annoys Excel users a lot. Many people have reported issues with certain Office applications. Sometimes, the older versions of Office Applications including Excel can run across a bug. This usually happens when you choose to filter the information in the database.
What does “Filter mode is stuck in MS Excel” mean?
When you open Excel to use it, the message in its status bar displays “stuck on Filter mode”. Instead, the status should display how many records were filtered when it was commanded to do so. This error message usually displays when you are using more than 51 formulas on your list. When you filter the list in Excel, the cells containing the reference is changed by Excel. This process takes place before the filter process completes. Although this bug should be fixed by Microsoft, yet it has not done anything to fix it. Fortunately, it has released a workaround by following which you can easily get rid of this issue. So without wasting much time, let us begin the discussion about the best method through which you can resolve this issue in no time.
Workaround to fix “Stuck mode” error
There are a few simple steps, which if followed correctly can help you to get rid of the problem without doing much hassle. So, you should follow these steps in an orderly manner to avoid the hassle of repeating the process again and again.
- First of all, open Microsoft Excel.
- Now, select a particular column. You can also select more than one column.
- Do this by clicking the letters available at the top of the Excel sheet. (This should be the one that you have filtered.
- Afterward, click on the “Data” menu. The menu is available at the top of the window.
- Further, take the cursor of the mouse over the option that reads as “Filter”.
- From here, choose the “AutoFilter” option to remove the filter from your data.
- After this, you have to click on the “Tools” menu followed by tapping on “Options”. Use the drop-down menu to do so.
- Further, you should tap on the “Calculations” tab. This is present at the top of the “Options” window”.
- Now, tick-mark the box available next to the “Menu” option and then select “OK”. This action will stop Excel to perform further calculations on its own.
- Again select your data and tap on the “Tools” menu and then move your mouse over the “Filter” option. From here, select “AutoFilter”.
- After this, click on the arrow available at the top of the column. This should be the one that you want for filtering your data.
- Click on the desired option and this will filter your data.
Now, you will get the correct output and the status bar will display the records of the filtered data. If you still see the “Stuck mode” error message, then you can try to repeat the process. If it doesn’t work, then you may seek help from the experts of office.com/setup.